We take your privacy seriously. We only ask you to provide the information that we need in order to deliver the service or information you have requested.
- Information We Collect.
At this website, your personally identifiable information is collected from you when you use the website to perform certain tasks, such as:
- i) When you send an email to us (such as your name and email address).
- ii) When you send an email to a professional listed in one of the professional directories (such as your name and email address) or when you email a friend about a professional (such as your name and email address and your friend’s name and email address). Please note that we do not read or retain the message in your e-mail.
iii) When you call a professional using their number listed in one of the professional directories (such as information about where the call was placed).
- v) When you purchase something from us. Your payment information is submitted directly to the credit card processor, who is responsible for its use and security.
- vi) When you register to receive our services. We collect information that will be used to create your profile in the directory, such as name, address, and email address, as well as such professional information as your qualifications, certifications, the demographic region in which you practice, and your fields of speciality. We collect additional information for our records that may not be displayed as part of your directory profile but is necessary to check the information
- Our Use of Your Information. We only use the information we collect to provide you with the services on our website that you request.
- a) We share information with third parties only when needed to deliver to you products or services that you request. For example, we share information from publication subscribers with the company that mails the magazines and information from those who purchase something from us with the credit card payment processing company. Some professionals wishing to list their services may have the information provided used to check with state licensing boards. Otherwise, we do not share or sell any personally identifiable information about website visitors.
- Limitations: Though we make every effort to preserve your privacy, we cannot guarantee your privacy. Further, we may disclose personal information when required by law or where we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, a court order or a legal process served on us. We may also disclose personal information in cooperation with a law enforcement request.
- Data Access and Erasure: In some jurisdictions, you may request copies of your personal information or request that your personal information be deleted. Data deletion requests are subject to certain exceptions: for example if your data is necessary to comply with legal obligations. To exercise your rights, please send a request via email to email@example.com the subject line “Personal Data Request” that (1) provides sufficient information to allow us to verify that you are the individual or represent the individual about whom we have collected Personal Data, and (2) gives us sufficient information to understand and respond to it. We will work to respond within the mandated time frame.